FullStory's integration with Google Tag Manager allows you to install and enable FullStory on your website or app with the click of a button. If you're not familiar with Google Tag Manager, find out more on the GTM website.
You have 2 options for how to setup this integration: either you can set up directly from FullStory when you first login, or you can set up at any time from the Google Tag Manager site.
Note: This option is only available once. Please scroll down to the Option 2 section if you dismissed the GTM installation setup flow on your first login.
When you login to FullStory for the first time we check if your domain (based on your login email) is using Google Tag Manager and give you the option to install with a few clicks.
1. Login to FullStory
2. If your site uses Google Tag Manager click Setup with Google Tag Manager.
3. Select the GTM account and then the tag container you'd like to use. Then click Begin creating your tag.
4. Consider adding some Excluded Elements to prevent FullStory from capturing sensitive user data (you can update these at any time by going to Settings > Recording & Exclusions.
5. Click Publish tag and start recording.
6. You're all set. User sessions will begin recording for all the pages on which you have the Google Tag Manager container installed.
1. Login to Google Tag Manager.
2. Inside the container that is connected to your website, select the "Custom HTML Tag" tag type option to place 3rd party scripts into the container.
3. Paste the FullStory code snippet (found in FullStory under Settings > Domains & Recordings) into the HTML text box.
4. Define when the rule will "fire" by clicking on Firing Rules [+Add] button and change the rule as needed. By default, FullStory should fire on all pages so there are no pages or events that are accidentally omitted from user sessions.
The FullStory team awaits your every question.Contact Us