Can I switch from a paid plan to FullStory Free?
Absolutely—you're free to switch between a paid Pro plan and a Free plan anytime you like. In fact, this is a fantastic way to keep your fully set-up FullStory account if you plan to return in the future, or if a steady trickle of monthly UX data and insights would continue to be useful to your team.
Would I lose anything when downgrading to Free?
Since the Free plan does not include some features, changing from Pro to Free will result in:
- Loss of some settings: You will lose targeted recording settings if you've set up domain-specific recording, geographic-specific recording, IP address blocking, or user agent blocking. All other settings will be preserved.
- Loss of seats: The Free plan only includes 3 free seats, while Pro includes 20 free seats. If you have more than 3 users in your account, you'll have to remove users before changing to Free.
- Loss of session history: The Free plan includes 1 month of session history. If you were paying for more history in FullStory Pro, you'll lose access to your stored sessions over a month old.
What is included with FullStory Free?
FullStory Free Edition comes with 1,000 recorded sessions per month, 3 user seats, and 1 month of data retention.
You'll also get access to these FullStory features:
What is NOT included with FullStory Free?
There are a few features that we don't make available in our Free Edition.
The Pro Edition begins at 25,000 sessions and 20 free seats and includes these premium features:
- FullStory Console, our view of JS console errors during session playback
- Page Insights w/ Click Maps, our page level visual data aggregation.
- Inspect Mode to find and build CSS selector searches
- Error clicks, our one-click search that helps you find sessions with JS errors
- Abandoned forms, a one-click search that helps you find when users don't complete a form
- Rage Grade, a benchmark of your frustration signals against other customers in a similar space
- Go Live, our live view of a user's session that helps you offer real-time support
- Targeted session recording for domains, geography, IP address, or user agent
- FullStory REST API
- Reflection API (FS.getCurrentSessionURL) to pass FullStory links to your favorite tools
- Export CSV for exporting user lists based on search segments
- Premium integrations (other than Slack, GTM, Segment)
- Pack add-ons are not available in the Free plan