Absolutely—you're free to switch between a paid plan and a Free plan anytime you like. In fact, this is a fantastic way to keep your fully set-up FullStory account if you plan to return in the future, or if a steady trickle of monthly UX data and insights would continue to be useful to your team.
Would I lose anything when downgrading to Free?
Since the Free plan does not include the same number of seats, sessions and data retention as a paid plan, changing from a paid plan to Free will result in:
- Loss of Seats: The Free plan includes 3 free seats. If you have more than 3 logins active, you'll have to remove users before changing to Free.
- Lower Session Quota: The Free plan includes 1,000 sessions. If you were paying for more sessions, you'll have a lower session quota when changing to Free.
- Loss of Session History: The Free plan includes 1 month of session history. If you were paying for more history, you'll lose access to those sessions over a month old.
What is included with FullStory Free?
FullStory Free Edition comes with 1,000 recorded sessions per month, 3 user seats, and 1 month of data history.
You'll also get access to these FullStory features:
- Session playback
- FSTV session autoplay
- Searchies, our instant analytics
- OmniSearch for speed of thought search filtering
- Rage clicks, our one-click search that helps you find frustrated users on your site
- Dead clicks, our one-click search that helps you find unresponsive clicks
- Identify API (FS.identify) that allows you to tag and filter your users by name
- Custom User Attributes (FS.setUserVars) to add searchable user variables
- Integrations including Segment, Google Tag Manager, and Slack
- FullStory Console, our view of JS console errors during session playback
- Page Insights w/ Click Maps, our page level visual data aggregation.
- Inspect Mode to find and build CSS selector searches
- Error clicks, our one-click search that helps you find sessions with JS errors
- Abandoned forms, a one-click search that helps you find when users don't complete a form
- Rage Grade, a benchmark of your frustration signals against other customers in a similar space
- Go Live, our live view of a user's session that helps you offer real-time support
- Targeted session recording for domains, geography, IP address, or user agent
- Reflection API (FS.getCurrentSessionURL) to pass FullStory links to your favorite tools
- Export CSV for exporting user lists based on search segments
- Dev Tools for analyzing bugs as the occur in the wild