Note: If Console Data Capture is disabled in your account, FullStory will not capture errors.
FullStory provides a few different out-of-the-box solutions for locating where customers are experiencing errors on your site or app. The most common place you’ll see these errors is within session replay.
When watching a session, you may come across an error event in the event stream on the right side of your screen. If you choose to investigate further, FullStory meets you right where you are without interrupting your workflow.
From the event stream, click the upward-pointing blue arrow that appears next to the error event you are investigating. A pop-up modal appears with three pre-made metrics that help you immediately discover how often this error has occurred and how many users were effected, all while you’re still in session replay.
Investigating Error Events
To recap the above, review the below steps on how to view, explore and save these out-of-the-box error event metrics.
- While viewing a session, locate the error event in the event stream.
- Explore the event by clicking the blue arrow.
- Explore the pre-made metrics that appear in the pop-up window.
- For further and optional analysis, click into any of the pre-made metrics. A new tab will open taking you to the metric definition so you can immediately begin scoping the event further.
- Save and rename any of the metrics as you see fit.
See the below list of all error events that include pre-made metrics:
Console errors on page
Error Clicks Card
The top Error Clicks Card will appear under your search results and will correspond to your current search query.
Click on the bars in the graph to add an error clicks filter to your current search.
You can also see the number of users impacted by clicking on "by clicks" and changing it to "users."
By changing the sort method to "by users," you can see how many users were impacted by an error click on a specific element: