How can I understand what my customer is asking in this support ticket and reduce the number of e-mail communications?
When your customers write in to support, you don't always have the context needed to troubleshoot their issue or you may not fully understand their question. A FullStory session adds clarity, allowing you to view your customer's problem session to get a better understanding of the issue instead of creating a frustrating e-mail exchange for your customer due to lack of understanding.
- Find the FullStory session URL where the issue occurred.*
- View the session to understand your customer's meaning more clearly. Look for clues to answer these questions.
- What were their intentions?
- What actions were they trying to take?
- Where in the app did they encounter an issue?
- What did they try before reaching out to support?
- Did they encounter a known bug, or is this a training issue?
- Were any console errors present during their session?
* 3 Ways to Find the session URL
Search for the session in FullStory with a date and time range and identifying user details. In this example, we use an email address filter, but for you this might be a Name, UID, or custom identifying variable.
Using one of our Support integrations, retrieve the session directly from the support application. Here is an example of our Zendesk integration:
Using FS.getCurrentSessionURL(), have a session link directly embedded in your support ticket:
Similar recipes you can cook up in FullStory:
- Do our help docs address this issue?
- What browser was my customer using when they encountered this error?
- Have any other customers had this error on this page?