How are users adapting to our new feature?
While a feature is in beta, ideally you are monitoring its usage, collecting constructive feedback, and making iterative improvements. Use FullStory to answer the questions at top of mind, such as "Are people finding this feature?" and "Are people easily navigating through tasks with this feature?".
- Use Inspect Mode to bootstrap a search for all users who have used your new feature.
- This might mean "Clicked on" or "Visited page" depending on your new feature's setup
- Watch several Clips using the autoplay FSTV feature. Begin to get a feel for how users are interacting with the feature and ask questions like:
- Is the navigation easy?
- Is the UX playing out in the wild as we intended?
- Is there any low hanging fruit for UI or UX fixes?
- How long are users interacting with the feature?
- Navigate back to the main search page and click on View Searchies.
- Identify the trend of usage from the beginning of your beta period using the Usage Searchie.
- Click on the Mobile pie slice in the Device Searchie and watch mobile sessions specific to your new feature.
- Hold a Game Film session with your UX team to get a quick list of fixes so you can iterate quickly!
Similar recipes you can cook up in FullStory:
- How does our new feature fare on mobile vs. desktop?
- Is anyone using that new feature we launched last quarter?
- Is it time to sunset our Originally Awesome feature?