Available for the following Plan types:
FullStory for Mobile Apps
Available to the following User roles:
First, please make sure you have followed the instructions to install the FullStory app in your Salesforce instance.
Create a Custom Domain
A custom domain in Salesforce (called "My Domain") is required before you can use Lightning Components in Lightning pages. If already have a custom domain set up, skip to the next section, "Provide API Key".
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of your Salesforce Lightning page.
- Click on Setup from the dropdown. A new tab will open.
- Navigate to Settings > Company Settings on the left hand side nav bar and click on My Domain.
- Here, you’ll be able to see if you’ve set up a custom domain. If you haven’t please go through the instructions provided on that page to create a custom domain.
- Once successfully set up, you'll see this success image.
Configure the FullStory app
You'll need to set your FullStory API key in Salesforce so that the widget can fetch the user sessions from the appropriate FullStory account.
NOTE: The Salesforce user setting up the FullStory integration will need to be set up as an administrator of the FullStory app within Salesforce. The user must set up and activate their admin account before configuring the FullStory application within Salesforce.
- Login to FullStory and create a new API key from Settings. You'll need to create an "Admin" key.
- In the Salesforce Lightning UI, click on the app launcher and navigate to All Items > FullStory Settings.
- In the "API Settings" tab paste your FullStory API key in the text field and click "Save API Key." You also have the option to configure the number of FullStory sessions shown for each record with the "Sessions Per Record" field below. Please note, the more sessions you opt to show, the taller the FullStory component will be.
- Click on the "Object Settings" tab. Here you can configure the set of objects for which FullStory sessions can be fetched and displayed, as well as how sessions will be fetched.
The FullStory app comes with configuration for the Case, Contact, and Lead objects. To add support for another object, click "Add." In the Object column, select the object for which you want to install the widget. In the example below, you will see we have added the Person object. In the Field column, select the field whose values FullStory should use for filtering sessions. You can use either an Email field or an External ID field that contains the FullStory user ID (this user ID must be the same user ID that is passed into the FullStory FS.identify API call).
Also note that only objects containing an Email or External ID type field will appear in the object dropdown. When you have made the appropriate selections, click "Save Changes."
Add the FullStory Lightning Component to your Page(s)
The FullStory widget can be added to any of the following pages: Contacts, Leads, and Cases.
- Once in your preferred page (Contacts, Leads or Cases), click on the settings gear and select
- The Lightning Components sidebar will appear. Drag and drop the “FullStory: Record Use Only” component into your page. Ignore the components named "Do Not Use."
- Click on “Save”
Now, whenever you have a record with matching Email or External ID (whichever was configured), you will have a list of sessions for that user. Simply click the session link to be taken into FullStory to watch the session. Please note, you must have a seat in FullStory to view session links.