The FullStory App for Help Scout lets you see the most recent sessions for the customer who submitted a ticket. You'll need to do two things to get set up:
- Enable the FullStory app within Help Scout
- Identify your users in FullStory by their email address
We'll cover both below:
Getting your FullStory API Key
Before you begin, you’ll need your secret FullStory API key to connect your FullStory account with Help Scout.
To find it, log into FullStory, click the Settings tab in your left-hand sidebar, then select Integrations > API Keys. If there’s already a key listed there, great! If not, click the Create key button to create a new key, then click Save API Key. Copy the key to your clipboard so you can paste it into HelpScout.
- Log into your Help Scout account and navigate to the FullStory App.
- Click the Install App button to install the FullStory widget on your Help Scout account.
- Paste your API Key into the API Key field and select the mailboxes you'd like to connect:
- Click Save to save these settings.
Identifying FullStory users with email address
In order for the integration to work, FullStory needs to know the email address of visitors when they come to your site. This means using either FS.setUserVars() or FS.identify() to identify users and set the
That’s it! When you open a ticket, you will see the FullStory widget in the Customer Profile sidebar on the right. If the user who submitted the ticket is found in FullStory, we’ll show links to their most recent sessions.