Available for the following Plan types:
FullStory for Mobile Apps
Available to the following User roles:
Individual Access Mode is slowly being released to all FullStory users over the course of a couple weeks.
FullStory’s integration for Slack gives every individual user in an org the ability to send noteworthy sessions to the Slack channel that’s most helpful to them. This ensures all FullStory users within an org can maintain and manage their own Slack integration.
To enable and set up the integration in individual access mode, an admin or architect will need to do the following:
- Log in to FullStory.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Manage.
- Click the Install button next to Slack.
After it’s installed, each user can manage their own integration by doing the following:
- A box on the right side will prompt you to authorize Slack. Click Authorize and enter your Slack workspace domain name on the following screen.
- Now, FullStory has permission to post to Slack and you'll be able to choose a channel where FullStory sessions will be shared. This is also where you’ll enable and disable the integration.
- Turn on Auto-send new notes to Slack if you want all shared sessions to be sent to Slack by default or turn it off to pick and choose which sessions to share.
If the Auto-send new notes to Slack toggle is turned off, there are two ways for you to manually send selected sessions via Slack:
Sharing from session replay:
When viewing a session, click the Note and Share button to open the dialogue box. Type your note and click Save to publish your note and a link to the session to your team's Notes.
Click on Notes in your sidebar to view your team's notes.
At the bottom of each note, you'll see the option to Send to: Slack. This will instantly share the note to the channel you’ve chosen in the integration. Remember that other users may configure their Slack integration to send to different channels.
Sharing from the session replay event list:
- Click Note and Share from the playback bar to type a note.
- Save it, then choose it from the right-hand event list.
- Click Share Note, then send it via Slack.
Converting access mode for your Slack integration
FullStory’s integration for Slack offers global access or individual access. When the integration is in global access mode, all options are managed by admins, then applied to every user within an org. In individual access mode, all FullStory users within an org can configure their own integration.
By default, individual authorization is turned on. To change it, an admin can go to Settings > Integrations > Manage > Slack.
With individual access, users will need to authorize it within their own settings, through the same flow (Settings > Integrations > Manage > Slack). Once authorized, the integration can be configured following the same instructions at the beginning of this article.