Available for the following Plan types:
FullStory for Mobile Apps
Available to the following User roles:
The FullStory integration with Segment allows you to install and enable FullStory on your website or app. With the click of a button, you’ll be able to capture sessions and send custom events and user traits from Segment to FullStory. This means no custom coding is necessary to get up and running, saving you time and development resources.
- To integrate FullStory for Mobile Apps with Segment, follow these steps.
- To integrate FullStory for web with Segment, use one of the two methods below.
Setting Up the Integration (Recommended)
Segment's Destination Actions allows more functionality and improves upon the existing process by enabling you to see and control how event data is captured and sent to action-based destinations. The actions available in Segment that can be mapped to FullStory's API are Identify User, Track Event, Viewed Page.
You have two options to choose from when setting up these actions: Quick Setup & Customized Setup.
Identify User action will send the
Track event action will automatically send the
event name and
properties for any tracked event.
If you do, however, wish to customize your actions a bit further, Segment now offers a robust set of options to view your data in a more granular way.
Some of these additional resources include the ability to add conditions, triggers, event variables and functions to your actions.
To learn more, check out Segment's documentation on this.
Follow the recommended steps below to integrate with Segment via Destination Actions.
- Log in to Segment, click Catalog, then click Destinations.
- Find and Select FullStory, then click Configure FullStory.
- Select an existing Source to connect to FullStory.
You'll also need to toggle on the Analytics 2.0 option in the Settings > Analytics.js section of Segment.
Sending Client Side Events Through Segment
If you use Segment to instrument events on your website (like “Add to Cart,” “Purchase,” “Sign-Up” or any other events that are important to your business), you can send those directly to FullStory without any extra effort or coding. This helps you easily search through your sessions to find the events that matter most.
After installing the destination in Device Mode, provide a name and enter your FullStory Org ID (Instructions on how to find your Org ID). Be sure to toggle “Enable Destination” on when you are ready to start sending data to FullStory.
To send events from Segment to FullStory:
- Set up the FullStory and Segment integration as described above.
Instrument Spec:track events in Segment
After those setup tasks are complete, the integration will automatically send client-side events to FullStory and make them available for search. If you’re having trouble receiving events, check your Segment allowlist settings.
- Learn more about how certain events like "Order Completed" are handled in FullStory
- Review the Testing instructions to see how to look for events inside FullStory
- Check the Troubleshooting Instructions if you see any errors with your events.
Sending Server Side Events Through Segment
Note: For v1 actions (Identify User, Track Event), before FullStory Cloud Mode can send events to FullStory, FS.identify must be configured. This is possible via our Device Mode integration with Segment or you can call it independently.
v2 actions (Identify User v2, Track Event v2) do not require the use of FS.identify. If a user does not already exist for the provided ID, a user record will automatically be created in FullStory.
If you use Segment to instrument a wealth of user and transactional data, you can push that data directly to FullStory server-to-server. You can easily do this using Segment’s Cloud Mode, which will enable data to be sent to FullStory from sources that only exist on the server.
Once completed, follow the steps below to send custom events from Segment to FullStory.
- You need a FullStory API Key to use the FullStory cloud mode destination. Refer to this article to learn how to generate a new API Key within FullStory.
Note: You will need an
ArchitectAPI key to propagate GDPR deletions (you may also contact FullStory Support for bulk deletions).
- Log in to your Segment account and navigate to Catalog > Destinations.
- Find & select FullStory in the Destinations list and click it
- On the following page, click Configure FullStory
- Select a data source to connect to FullStory and then click Next
- Provide a Destination Name and select Fill in settings manually. Ensure the “Actions” and "Cloud mode" destinations frameworks are selected and click Save.
- On the Basic Settings page, enter your FullStory API Key from step 1, toggle on Enable Destination and click Save Changes.
- On the Mappings tab, you can view default mappings as well as add, modify, or disable mappings.
The default mappings are:
- Identify User: Converts Segment Identify calls to FullStory Set User Properties API calls. Use this to set custom attributes which can be used to search and segment within FullStory.
- Track Custom Event: Converts Segment Track calls to FullStory custom event API calls. Use this to capture more context about your user’s experience on your site or to capture user’s actions in other applications to build a more complete understanding of your user’s overall experience.
- Identify User V2: Converts Segment Identify calls to FullStory Create User API calls. Use this to upsert a user and their attributes which can be used to search and segment within FullStory.
- Track Custom Event V2: Converts Segment Track calls to FullStory Create Event API calls. Use this to capture more context about your user’s experience on your site or to capture user’s actions in other applications to build a more complete understanding of your user’s overall experience.
After those setup tasks are complete, the integration will automatically send server events to FullStory and make them available for search. If you’re having trouble receiving custom events, check your Segment allowlist settings. For more technical documentation, reference Instrument Spec:track events in Segment.
Please be aware of optional parameters available via our Server-Side APIs that allow you to attach the Cloud Mode events to the last session, a specific device or other requirements. More info can be found here.
Sending User Traits Through Segment
If you use Segment for user identification (like assigning a user ID, email address, or custom user traits like “plan,” “number of logins,” or other properties that are important to your business), you can send those directly to FullStory as well. This helps you easily search through your data using custom user properties and create targeted user segments.
To send custom user traits to FullStory:
- Set up the FullStory and Segment integration as described above
- Instrument Spec:Identify events in Segment
After those setup tasks are complete, the integration will automatically send user traits like
displayname, and other custom properties to FullStory and make them available for search.
Segment Data Sources and FullStory
Segment provides ways to track customer data from multiple sources. See the list of sources below:
- Data that is tracked with Analytics.js directly on the website will be available in FullStory
- Data that comes from Segment's Mobile, Server, Cloud App, or generic HTTP sources