Shopify is an E-Commerce platform that provides tools to help online sellers run their businesses.
FullStory can easily be set up on most Shopify themes by following the steps below. Once installed, you can use FullStory to play back user sessions, build conversion funnels, and gain new insights into how your customers navigate your store.
- Log in to your Shopify account, and open your admin panel.
- Select “Online Store” under the “Sales Channels” section of the admin panel.
- On the “Themes” section of the panel, click the Actions button in the upper right-hand corner of the page to reveal a dropdown.
- Click “Edit code”.
- Click “theme.liquid” under the “Layout” section.*
- Paste your FullStory data capture snippet (learn how to find it here) into the <head> of the theme.
* If you’re using a custom theme, it’s possible that the theme file has a name other than "theme.liquid". Check with the theme’s developer to verify.
Adding your data capture snippet to your checkout flow
Basic Shopify, Shopify and Advanced Shopify merchants do not have access to modify the checkout flow. This flow will not be captured in your sessions. As a workaround, we recommend adding a /thank-you page after your checkout flow to see whether users make it all the way through your checkout flow.
Shopify Plus merchants can add your data capture snippet directly to your
checkout.liquid file. After doing so, newly indexed sessions should contain your entire checkout flow.
Adding your data capture snippet to your /thank-you page
Basic Shopify, Shopify and Advanced Shopify merchants can add your data capture snippet to your /thank-you page by including it in your Additional Scripts section under Settings > Checkout.